Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Bike

harley1.jpgNext year you can buy a Harley LiveWire electric motorcycle.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Visiting a friend in Italy I saw lots of electric bicycles in one city, often operated by older women, some on pedestrian-only streets/market areas. He said the bikes were a hazard since people walking couldn't hear them coming up fast behind them. Maybe those women won't start driving electric Harley's through the markets.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    harley1.jpgNext year you can buy a Harley LiveWire electric motorcycle.
    Does it have a big out-of-balance flywheel to give you the true Harley experience? (duck and run )
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

No, but a large speaker system that you can play an MP3 of a loud thump, thump on a loop "
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Blog Entries
    Ha, brings back memories.

Some years ago, my daughter got a gig clerking for a judge in Pasadena CA. She didn't drive so dad had to figure out transportation to get her back and forth about a mile to work. An e-bike would have been ideal but she had to wear business attire including heels.

We found a 'bike' that really looked like a Vespa. The statute for bikes reads that it:
    Mustn't exceed 20mph (thing had a governor).
    Must be capable of being propelled by pedals.

No license or registration required.

That second item was the key. This beast weighed 175lbs. It came with some pedals under the seat that could be clipped into place in case the rider was hassled by the man. It also came with a laminated copy of the pertinent statute. You clip the pedals on, pedal it 5' and wish the officer a nice day.

The bike had a range of 20 miles so the mile to work and from work was not a problem. She charged it at the courthouse so fuel costs were zero.

The company was Velotec and is out of business, I think. We paid about $1500 for the bike. I was thrilled. I viewed it as $1500 for transportation for a year and that was a bargain. I would have been fine if it had gone up in smoke on the last day. I still would have gotten what I wanted. But we wound up selling it to some kid at the University of Kansas. I don't know what happened from there.

Polaris who makes Indian and Victory Motorcycles bought a Swedish? electric truck maker. So they may come up with a electric motorcycle/snowmobile or ATV soon.
    B il lD