Thread: Can't Play Fine WW Vid???

Can't Play Fine WW Vid???

As with many of you, I recently got an email from Fine WW, which includes a series on bandsaw boxes. Well, no matter what I do, the video is "unable to download". Has anyone else had the issue and is there a fix?

I just tried it now and was able to play the first video with no issues. I should note, however, that I subscribe to the online content of FWW and FHB; not sure if that is why I can play it and you can't.
    Watching it online does require adobe flash player, so if you have that disabled it won't play. Also, you may want to try a different browser if you can.

I just tried it again without logging in to the site, and it played fine again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    As with many of you, I recently got an email from Fine WW, which includes a series on bandsaw boxes. Well, no matter what I do, the video is "unable to download". Has anyone else had the issue and is there a fix?
    You might mention what computer you are using, the OS, and the browser. If possible, perhaps try a different computer, OS, or browser.

I'm using a Dell Precision 7510 laptop with Win 10 and the Firefox browser and it plays OK here.

JKJ

I'm using Win 10 with Microsoft Edge and it plays fine for me.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I’m using a Mac and Safari. I do have the latest Adobe.

I believe that Flash is disabled by default at this point on MacOS and Safari for (justifiable) security reasons. Check your settings accordingly. Merely downloading the latest version of Flash may not enable it from the default "off".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This might just be a question of differences in terminology (I'm a Windows guy), but when I play videos at FWW, they don't "download" - they "stream." The difference being that when you download something (at least in the Windows world), you're copying it to your machine (lots of sites don't allow that) and when you stream, the site is just sending the video to your display as it plays.

I also get the email notices and often find, that the ability to stream the video is dependent on the status of your subscription - ie, it's often just a teaser.
    I CAN access some of the content, once in a while the headline video, but I ascribe it to being they're a commercial operation, and need to sell memberships to pay the bills and this is one way to do it.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.