Thread: Mobile Friendly version? Forum Runner? Tapatalk? Anything?

Mobile Friendly version? Forum Runner? Tapatalk? Anything?

Just being a squeaky wheel here. I’ve brought it up before. Any chance of a mobile friendly version of SMC. I’ll be honest- I rarely visit anymore because I can’t see or post pics without running the full version which is clunky on a phone.

Could we at least get it Tapatalk friendly? I use that with several other forums.
    Where did I put that?

Did you try the mobile skin? Bottom of the page, on the left, there's a dropdown to choose that.

True mobile friendly will come when the site converts to Xenforo from VBulletin. In the mean time, Tapatalk is reasonably functional with VBulletin sites but it has limitations, just like the "skin" does, particularly relative to posting photos, etc. I can't help you further as I pretty much never access forums via my mobile, but when I do, I use the normal browser interface and pinch/squeeze to be able to view clearly or use functions not supported by the "skin".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Only Aaron Koehl, our server administrator, knows when the conversion to Xenforo is going to be done. We have been waiting since last fall to convert SawMill Creek from vBulletin to Xenforo but Aaron's work schedule has been saturated.

The good news is that our Moderators and myself are ready to launch the SawMill Creek Hall of Fame web site. The design is complete and the first 70 projects are ready to unveil, the bad news is that we need Aaron to install the web page

The skin doesn’t view/post pics which is my main gripe. Tapatalk hasn’t worked with SMC for years. It’s too bad. It’s a mobile world out there. I sit down at a real computer maybe once a week. You’ll lose interest from younger woodworkers I’m afraid.

every other WW’ing forum I visit is mobile friendly except for SMC.
    Where did I put that?

I understand.

One of the primary reasons we decided to convert to Xenforo is that it has native support for mobile users. The basic conversion is a pretty simple job but there are other jobs that have to be done to support the changes like reprogramming our advertising menu, our PayPal connection, etc.

The first attempt at conversion failed, there was a bug in the software that Aaron reported and it was corrected. Most of the programming necessary to convert our advertising menu is complete but there are other tasks that require some time to finish and of course the final conversion when we shut down. Obviously we are not sure about the time we will be offline during the shutdown so it will require Aaron to have a couple days of his schedule free just in case something goes wrong. Some will say we are being to conservative about the conversion, the risk of being down for a week should we not be able to get everything done in a short period of time and Aaron has to go back to work is not an attractive option.

Do the best you can Keith. I know it's a drag for some mobiles. But you can only do what you can do.

Rob, we'd hate to lose you. Hope you'll keep checking back from time to time until this gets sorted out and it works better for you.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I’m not going anywhere. I’m just not as active around here as I’d like to be. It’ll be 10 years as a member this February. This has been my primary WW’ing resource. It’s just harder to use now compared to other sites.
    Where did I put that?