Thread: Multiple copies in job control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Multiple copies in job control

Hey all, we run 2 trotec machines, a speedy 300 and a 400 using job control 9 & 10 respectively.

I just landed a large order for engraved tags, which I will bring into Corel draw from the supplied spreadsheet using the print merge function. The kicker is that the client needs 4 of each tag, and they need to be kept in order, so I need the machine to engrave 4 copies of tag 1, then 4 copies of tag 2 etc.

In the past I have tried setting the copies in the print dialogue box in Corel the same way as you would send multiple copies to your desktop printer but I've never gotten it to work, does anyone have any ideas on how to best accomplish this?

Thanks
    Scott

Just to avoid confusion and lasering either too many or too few of each, I would use Corel to print multiple copies and then simply engrave each job in JC. Move it from the queue to the plate, laser, delete from the plate, move the next one from the queue to the plate, etc., etc., etc.

Thanks Gary, but this job is for close to 10,000 pieces, engraving one at a time is not an option.

How are they listed in your spreadsheet? 1 time or 4 times? Meaning, are they listing the items and then the quantity or are they listing the items only with 4 of the same all being listed? That's the right way to do it. Have them list the multiple quantities just in the list, not in a number.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    How are they listed in your spreadsheet? 1 time or 4 times? Meaning, are they listing the items and then the quantity or are they listing the items only with 4 of the same all being listed? That's the right way to do it. Have them list the multiple quantities just in the list, not in a number.
    and if they are all individual but they need four, then it's an easy fix to duplicate them and merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Watson84 View Post
    Thanks Gary, but this job is for close to 10,000 pieces, engraving one at a time is not an option.
    That's not what I meant and I just noticed that you mentioned the multiple copies function not working - it should, and does on my machine running the latest version of JC - 10.xxx I believe. If that doesn't work for you then changing the spreadsheet to reflect the correct quantities would be best.