Thread: Label casting

Label casting

These are some pens I made with labels that have been cast in Liquid Diamonds. The possibilities for pens are endless
    and LD is so easy to work with no or very little odor. Two of the pens are the Lever Action style kit, one with a "We The People"
    label and the other has a "Wild Bill" Hickok funeral notice label. The other pen is the Wildcard pen kit with a "Wild Bill" label and
    an "Aces and Eights" card hand on it. Supposedly this is the hand "Wild Bill" was holding when gunned down from behind.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nicely done, Bobby. I like your choice of labels.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I’ve done labels with testor inkjet clear paper under CA glue but not like this. Well done

How does the LD turn? I have some cherry burl scraps I’d like to cast into pen blanks. I don’t want to make a pressure pot right now. I’ve got a vacuum chuck so I could make a vacuum chamber easy and cheap. I’m looking to use LD as my resin.

What process do you use to cast the paper in the resin? Glue it first directly to the tubing?

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. LD is pretty easy to use and turns really well. It is best to let the blanks cure for at least 24 hr. or more. Because of it's long open time, you do not have to put it in a pressure pot, although I do since I have one. I also have a vacuum chamber but have found out the hard way that it creates way more bubbles that you will never be able to get out. As to the label, I use a sticky back label paper from OnLine Labels. I get the full size sheet, print the labels the size I need and then cut them out, pull the backing off and apply them to the tubes.

Bobby
    Louisiana