Thread: graphite cloth for widebelt platen

graphite cloth for widebelt platen

Called Grizzly about some sanding belts for my G9983, and was planning to get a piece of graphite cloth for the platen, they said they are closing out parts for that model sander, and did not have the proper size, where do others order the graphite material? Upset me a bit, as a hobby user, do not use the sander every day, is my sander obsolete?

Go to a general abrasive belt supplier. They sell graphite cloth as well. You might get a better belt price too. OEM's like to charge when it comes to consumables. Cheers

How wide do you need? It seems like up to 6" wide by the yard length are pretty available. Here's one:

https://www.industrialabrasives.com/...000-p-980.html

Thanks for the link to Industrial abrasives. My platen is about 3 1/2" wide by 18 1/2" long, so need to go multiple yards. Belt price is pretty good too. Have been buying 5 packs from Grizzly, best prices, and the tape lasts a long time, surprisingly, compared to hand held belt sander belts.

Another vote for Industrial Abrasives. I get my widebelt and edger belts there, and will need to order a piece of graphite cloth for my edger platen one of these days.

Will the pad from the G0819 fit it?

The cloth for the new model is not exactly the same. Better to get a roll and cut to fit.