Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Martin T75 restoration

I see your boss has the machine you spoke of listed.
    I also know a guy who might be interested in talking to you ,employment-wise if you do consider the Berkshires as an option......

Peter

Yes we listed the Altendorf. Me on Craigslist him on WOODWEB.

For his sake I hope he gets what he is asking. He is a really good guy and bends over backward to be good to others.

If I do make it out that way I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. Facts are it will be at least about a year to my house in order to sell. Generally it’s in very good shape. I however have to finish a few projects I started before I could even consider putting it on the market.

Been here so long it will be very hard to leave. I suspect I just need to cut the cord. Once I do I dont think I’ll do any looking in the rear view mirror.

I suppose I could just stop buying machines and trees and maybe buy a piece of land out that way put a yurt up temporarily while I build a house. If I did something like that I could keep the house I’m in now and get like $2500-3K for rent a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    I see your boss has the machine you spoke of listed.
    I also know a guy who might be interested in talking to you ,employment-wise if you do consider the Berkshires as an option......

I can barely stand to mow the yard. I landscape with roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I can barely stand to mow the yard. I landscape with roundup
    I hate it too. I was kicking around green concrete in my tiny yard

I’ll do anything to slow the brain down, like ANYTHING ! Well I don’t drink and if I don’t drink I don’t do goofballs so...

I’m not really a fan of mowing the lawn and or picking up the leaves. I actually despise lawn from a moral standpoint.

My yard/garden requires a fair amount of commitment. After spending what I have on it your sure as hell are gonna maintain it. It has kinda a self motivating affect. If I let go what I have created it would overgrow my tiny 5600 sq ft lot in a 5-10 years. So now I kinda have no choice but to keep loving it. It’s like anything else you get back what you give. It’s incredibly satisfying to see the progress of a garden makes year to year then every five years and ten. I kinda get off on hyper focus and commitment.

The garden forces me away from my Woodworking and machinery obsession a coupe times a year and for the better half of a year forcing a break in my type A hyper focused personality. I just kinda transfer fro one type A obsession to the next with the seasons. This way I don’t end up burnt out on either love.

Roundup I’d poison. Can’t wait till the day they ban the garbage.

No offense meant.

Darcy what is the color code for the tree you painted the Bourel planer you are working on. It has a slight lime bright green I really really like without being all festool or old school puke green.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post

Roundup is poison. Can't wait till the day they ban the garbage.

No offense meant.
    Off topic tangent, coming in hot.

True, it is a poison. For the creation of an enzyme you don't use or make. I forget what it was originally made for, but it was human consumption

If you want to feed 7+ billion people, that's one of the things it takes.

Oht ohw...

The earth is overpopulated. It’s a problem I think less people and more trees Is the answer.

Give this place back to nature is my attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Off topic tangent, coming in hot.

True, it is a poison. For the creation of an enzyme you don't use or make. I forget what it was originally made for, but it was human consumption

If you want to feed 7+ billion people, that's one of the things it takes.

I can take a picture of the lid with the paint formula. I just had my paint lady match a part I took off that had clean original paint under it. Pretty close to almost all German green machines.

Wow,

Thanks Darcy is appreciate that.

I really have no idea what color green German machines tend to be.

By the way, I had never taken the time to internet stalk you. I went googling last night and found your Facebook page. I had no idea you also restore machines. I kinda half figured when you suggested I leave my new T75 alone that you might be the type of guy that was completely against restroation.

Point is you do very very nice work.

Wish I had seen the two T75’s you had.

Keep me in mind when and if you come across anything special. Like anything

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I can take a picture of the lid with the paint formula. I just had my paint lady match a part I took off that had clean original paint under it. Pretty close to almost all German green machines.

Oooooh, the little EC edge sander!

I want that thing

Oht ohw...

The earth is overpopulated. It’s a problem I think less people and more trees Is the answer.

Give this place back to nature is my attitude.

The first part I agree with.

The second part, is a conundrum of whether humans are part of nature or not. Most people's arrogance tells them they're better than anything else and don't like being clumped in with the rest of the animals.

Either way, sign me up for another Toba eruption.

Had to google Toba eruption. Can’t beleive I have never herd of it.

I’m all for a genetic bottleneck resulting in 1000-10000 humans remaining.

I’d be just fine with none remaining. I’m not one of the humans that’s impressed with humans. Horrified is more like it.

The first part I agree with.

The second part, is a conundrum of whether humans are part of nature or not. Most people's arrogance tells them they're better than anything else and don't like being clumped in with the rest of the animals.

Either way, sign me up for another Toba eruption.

We've been almost wiped out many times. It'll likely happen again, if not completely.

Oooooh, the little EC edge sander!

I want that thing
    Its sooooo darn cute, all 550 pounds of bench top sander.

Wow,

Thanks Darcy is appreciate that.

I really have no idea what color green German machines tend to be.

By the way, I had never taken the time to internet stalk you. I went googling last night and found your Facebook page. I had no idea you also restore machines. I kinda half figured when you suggested I leave my new T75 alone that you might be the type of guy that was completely against restroation.

Point is you do very very nice work.

Wish I had seen the two T75’s you had.

Most everything is on my IG feed.

There is a fine line I try to toe between a complete rebuild and a through mechanical clean up.

Of course its completely up to the customer, they get whatever they are willing to pay for.

Thank you, I do my best.