Thread: Vintage Martin T75 restoration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Possible dream job!

Sending pm..

You know I never ever let anyone do anything on my house but electrical. Well I let a friend help me frame a shed dormer off one side as I had a giant 17” doubled up LVL to lift into place. And you guessed it, the bone head set the the dam thing almost 1” off center.

You know I just hate to hire anyone to do anything but if I didn’t from time to time I’d never get to do something like the Martin project or build something for myself. The fact is I work 10-15 hrs a day pretty much seven days a week and have now for at least ten years. I took a hiatus and lived out of the back of my truck while I rock and ice climbed for five years cuz I was having a nervous breakdown regarding being a “lifer of a tradesman” and hating every moment of it but not knowing what to do about it.

Other than that I work round the clock. Oh I had that same meltdown in my 20’s and whet and raced road bikes pro for a few years. Not enough alone time for me racing bikes. Riding bikes yes, racing not so much..

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Looks great! The first house I built, I hired subs. For the next 44 years, I've done everything myself, and I'm sure you know why.

Did you see the ad for a custom organ company that's looking for a cabinetmaker? If not, send me a PM, and I'll send you a link.
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 05-28-2019 at 8:33 PM.