Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1500

Thread: Vintage Martin T75 restoration

Jim

I’m so sore. Every muscle is bruised and every joint picked up.

Yes I agree it will be valuable real estate .

However a nice place to build on depending g.

Good point on the width but I need it clear the furnace for indeed..
    Box cabs I have learnt to build in 5 gallon buckets. No bench needed..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Nice progress. I'm sure you feel like you've been visiting CrossFit twice a day at this point...

Dual saws can be nice, but I'm sure you'll be doing the mental gymnastics around whether or not the utility balances the space required as I assume you would "dedicate" that cabinet saw to some particular function, such as ripping. If so, you could narrow it down a bit since the right side table isn't really going to come into play for ripping and the like. Space to actually build things is important! LOL

Ya, I just brought up the space because that's what I constantly fight with...I "had it all figured out", and then...bought my CNC. LOL Then I eliminated the big old stationary miter station that took up a ton of space and got little use for actually cutting material. (The CMS is upstairs now where I store my material). Put a fit-for-purpose narrow bench there for my guitar building stuff. Then I scored the drum sander and had to move things around to accommodate that. Now I'm going to end up with another bench due to a collaborative effort with Noden. It never ends...LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Buy the Gomad, dump the Felder. Like with the T75, you won't be sorry.
    The Gomad is every bit as capable as a Martin, and the machining and build quality is great but the aesthetics were not a factor when they built it.

Darcy, how much for the riving knives, and what size/thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by peter gagliardi View Post
    Darcy, how much for the riving knives, and what size/thickness?
    Two sizes of knives, short and long. Trying to get a handle on steel gauge thickness vs. Common blade kerfs.Probably be pretty reasonable.The mount hardware will be more, Trying to figure costs on a batch of 10 each for now.

Just count me in fir whatever...

Let me know what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Two sizes of knives, short and long. Trying to get a handle on steel gauge thickness vs. Common blade kerfs.Probably be pretty reasonable.The mount hardware will be more, Trying to figure costs on a batch of 10 each for now.

Sharkguard will make knives to your dimensions as well. Second on the Gomad stuff. I've seen those machines and they are top end and even the manuals are decent. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Sharkguard will make knives to your dimensions as well. Second on the Gomad stuff. I've seen those machines and they are top end and even the manuals are decent. Dave
    Honestly, Gomad shapers are awesome machines. Not a pretty design, but it does what it's designed to do, very well.

Blog Entries
    Kolle or Bauerle should be added to your planers list. A DRO is easy to add.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

3.2 mm, mainly, and 3.4 mm are the two main offerings currently from Martin I believe.

The T73 at work has three riving knives.

If you want I can put calipers on them Monday?
    3.2 mm, mainly, and 3.4 mm are the two main offerings currently from Martin I believe.

How is the fence on the gomad.

Looks to have wimpy mounting plates for the fence plates..

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Honestly, Gomad shapers are awesome machines. Not a pretty design, but it does what it's designed to do, very well.

That Bourelle Darcy had was sweet!

But you know I really want tersa or insert.

I actually really like the insert in my Felder. Not sure I wouldn’t go tersa stil but I do love the finish being I like my figured woods..

I wNt the Martin though so I can nest properly with my jointer.

Plus I want that outfeed table..

I’m very open to this gomad thing all the sudden. Probably just cuz I airways need to be adding to my shop? Would save tons of money over a new T12 and honestly the t12 is what I’ll do unless a t23 surfaced? The thought of all this work again is also tendon wrenching. I’m sore and tired.

But you know even the gomad I’d just park in my uncles shop and tear down and paint regardless. Not auto body paint this time but still a A+ job just the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Kolle or Bauerle should be added to your planers list. A DRO is easy to add.

Those two numbers are what I have been finding.

Trying to avoid having to surface grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    How is the fence on the gomad.

Looks to have wimpy mounting plates for the fence plates..
    Never really had any issues with their fences, at one point I had 4 of their fences I was using for other machines with out fences.