Thread: Vintage Martin T75 restoration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh yeah,

I have not touched the saw since late last winter.

I’m in a bit of a pickle. My original intent was to bring the machine into my shop in pieces and put it together on site as I have a basement shop. Everything is home but the base, cast iron top, and sliding table, that is all still at work. Everything else is back together and just needs to be bolted into or onto the base and tuned up.

Problem #1.....
    I’m considering and torn regarding potentially selling my house and moving. In the event I do move there is no point in dragging the machine into my now home shop. Any move I do make will surely provide 2400sq ft of ground level shop space or there is no point in me moving. But I’m really on fence about moving plus I have about another 6-12 months of work I started on my house three years ago I’d need to wrap up before I can even put it on the market. With that all said I’m half inclined to just stay where I am as anything else feels like so much work. And if work is insecure or unknown I’m in the best area I could be to stay employed as a cabinet maker and or carpenter as any. But you know imop that’s a terrible treason to stay somewhere I loath.

Problem #2...
    My boss informed me late last week he is closing up his shop. He may be interested in subcontracting all his work to me and my shop mate but it’s still all very up in the air and nothing is clear or set in stone at this time. If this be the case I’ll need a bigger shop than my home shop and forced to rent for the time being. I could just move and get a property with proper space but I can’t make that all happen in the time frame I’d need to accommodate continuing to produce work for my current employer as a subcontractor.

So you you know I’m in quite a pickle all around, really I have no idea how it will all work out. And at this point I loath remembering exactly how everything goes back together when I do finally get around to putting the machine back together as it’s going to have been a huge lapse in time since I took the machine apart.

I will get it back together at some point, and hopefully life comes together for me and it ends up sooner than later. I would be tickled more than tickled to put that machine back together and give it the real second life it deserves making someone a living vrs being the shop queen it would had been in my ho,e largely hobby shop that really never gets used.

Only time will tell. I’ll surely update you all when I get back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    Patrick, has all work on the restoration been stopped?
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 09-21-2019 at 10:32 AM.