Thread: Minimax SC2 C

Minimax SC2 C

I'm in the market for a new table saw, and have narrowed it down to the Minimax SC2 C sliding table saw. Would like to get same user feedback from anyone already having this model. What are the pros and cons ... etc

I have the SC2 Classic, and the only con so far is the location of the start switch. It is on the front of the saw below the table top and I have to turn the saw on before cutting large pieces. When I have the time, I'll bypass the mechanical NVR switch with a latching contactor and remote Start-Stop button switch setup.

Otherwise, I am very happy with the saw and the support I received from the distributor.
    Last edited by Mike Kreinhop; 11-04-2018 at 6:13 PM.

I owned an older Sc2 for about 8 months. I bought it from a friend and spent some time fixing it up. It was an excellent saw,there were adjustments built into everything necessary. Dead on accurate after tuning it up. This would be an excellent choice over any cabinet saw,way more versatile with the slider. It was my first real slider. I did sell it and moved up to a Felder k700s,only for the increase in capacity. Mike.

Thanks for your insights ... have been looking at the pictures and indeed the on/off switch is (as far as possible to see) located only in the front. There seems to be an "emergency off" switch at the side of the saw, when you are cutting with the slider. Not sure if this is new or an existing feature.
    Have been using a cabinet saw to this point and I'm used to bump the off switch with my leg, while still holding the workpiece. But I assume with the slider and the increased accuracy of the saw it is not an issue.

As long as you can live without dado on the sawblade, great machine. Unless things have changed, there is almost always a “knee-range” mushroom stop in that area of the chassis. Best of luck with your search,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    I have the SC2 Classic, and the only con so far is the location of the start switch. It is on the front of the saw below the table top and I have to turn the saw on before cutting large pieces. When I have the time, I'll bypass the mechanical NVR switch with a latching contactor and remote Start-Stop button switch setup.

Otherwise, I am very happy with the saw and the support I received from the distributor.
    HaHa, Mike that's funny.

I have a Hammer B3 and just bought a plastic enclosure with a start push button for it.

I'll use a magnet to stick it to the machine so I can actually reach the start button with sheet goods on the saw. There's an E-stop in a convenient location for the shaper so the box will probably spend its time there........Rod.

I have an SC2 Classic which Erik sold me a while back. Great machine, absolutely no complaints. Just make sure you include all the accessories you can imagine ever wanting in your initial order eg: digital readouts, miter fence, auxiliary support table, etc.

OK ... I made the jump and ordered the saw with most bells and whistles. Even got the stronger motor for the same price as the "basic" was not in stock. Dado is not even an option here in Europe, as this is somewhat exocit over here (don't know why).

Congrats! Think you'll be more than happy with it.