Thread: Christmas catalog time

Christmas catalog time

Today I got 17 Christmas catalogs in the mail.

These were not the first, and certainly not the last, but 17 in one day? None were tool catalogs. Got two of those yesterday.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas yesterday. I told her a Lie-Nielson Rabbet block plane or a Earlex HVLP. I got a look like I had three heads. I think i will do what I did when I was a kid. Get the sales catalog and circle the things i want. Maybe it will work. I need to get more catalogs first. How do I get a Maserati catalog?

Hmm! I didn't get any Xmas catalogs. I got a bunch of political "vote for me" nonsense. They make great fire starters because I don't buy newspapers anymore.

Oh yes, I get them all, too. I get them from both sides, as I am registered Donkey, and the wife is Elephant.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Companies still send catalogs? It has been quite a while since I got a catalog in the mail and certainly not 17 of them.

Got the Costco one earlier in the week. Only thing that interested me was "Flight Club," for only $14,999. For that kind of money, what do you get?