Thread: Laguna MDC3560-0145 DC : Broken sprocket

Laguna MDC3560-0145 DC : Broken sprocket

I've got the Laguna Cyclone noted in the subject line.
    It has a small handle on the outside filter that you turn, and a sprocket turns inside the filter, which in turn removes fine dust from inside the filter.

I got this DC a new, a few years ago.
    I called Laguna, and they no longer support this model.

Anyone have any ideas where I might get a new sprocket like that? It's kind of a "corner sprocket "....not sure what to call it.
    I'll take some pix when I'm at my shop, and upload them here.....

I would contact a bearing and drive dealer. They have always been good at finding pulleys, sprockets, and other items that I needed. They will more than likely be quite a bit cheaper also.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Do you mean a chain sprocket or a bevel gear? Either way count the number of teeth and pitch diameter. If one is bad likely the other is bad also. If you replace both they are easy to match.
    Bill D

I understand what you are saying is on the machine. Does it have to be a "square" sprocket? Can you use a conventional sprocket? All you need is diameter, shaft size, and chain pitch. You could always make your own version of it. Take a round sprocket and "notch" it. I'm sure they did this to keep sawdust from fouling it. We have a machine that uses a skip tooth sprocket to keep rock from getting under it. I don't recall if it uses every other or every third tooth.