Thread: Hampshire Sheen gone hard

Hampshire Sheen gone hard

Have a tin of Hampshire sheen that has gone hard in the tin. Any suggestions on how to soften it up?

What little bit I've read about this product, everyone says to use it as is. They recommend not putting any solvents in it or even heating it to soften. Have you checked their website if they have one? My understanding is that there is no beeswax in it so it tends to be a little harder, especially after application. It has carnuba wax in it. That's about all I know of it.
    Not much help.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Hey Frank. First question is who did you buy from and when? Looks like you’re in Canada? Start with the vendor and go from there. I’ve been the main US distributor but wouldn’t have sold it to you unless you came to a show I was working here in the States.

MSDS lists Naphtha as an ingredient, I'd start there. http://www.hampshiresheen.com/wp-con...Sheen-MSDS.pdf

Sent my question to Canadian Vendor

Okay.... Interest has peaked in this product. Seems like a good wax for turnings. Google has not provided a local source. Seems to be made somewhere else. About 14 Euros or 16 dollars. Amazon will not ship to me. Anyone know of a local source?
    TIA

On the home page under Stockists you'll find a list of suppliers. Maybe one will have a way to ship to you.
    https://www.hampshiresheen.com/buy/