Thread: PhotoGrav/Corel Question

PhotoGrav/Corel Question

I began playing with PhotoGrav yesterday and have what is undoubtedly a simple issue. I save the "exercise file" in PG, import to Corel where I change it to DXF but RDWorks says "no data". I've read the PG paperwork and have seen the instruction NOT to save the "Engraved" image but when I send the file to RDW there's"no data". I'll continue to dig through old posts and maybe someone else has run into a similar problem. Thanks as always!

I guess I do not understand and my PhotoGrav is on the other computer. You can SAVE the finished image as a JPG or whatever. What I think they are telling you is you can not edit your finished image and expect it to be correct.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I understand the PG file can't be edited. I import to Corel and have tried saving it both as dxf and ai with the same results but the file prints from Corel just fine. I just sent an email to PG support so I'll see where that leads? Thanks for the input!

You can't save a jpg as a dxf or ai, so you won't be able to open/import that into your software. I don't have the current version of PhotoGrav, does it have the ability to export a vector file or just raster (bmp/jpg/etc.)?

I contacted PG support via email and they responded VERY quickly....30 minutes or less! There may be an easier way but I scanned the picture and saved to disc, imported to Corel and converted to bitmap. Imported to PG, processed, saved as .ai and sent to RDWorks. Thanks to everyone for the support. I need all the help I can get

YouTube. Doug Green, photograv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Middleton View Post
    I contacted PG support via email and they responded VERY quickly....30 minutes or less! There may be an easier way but I scanned the picture and saved to disc, imported to Corel and converted to bitmap. Imported to PG, processed, saved as .ai and sent to RDWorks. Thanks to everyone for the support. I need all the help I can get
    355 - 10400 : )

I'm a big fan of Doug Green but the PG series didn't help much. Probably just me because he's one of the first places I usually go
    Two things which are always true.........."No matter where you go, there you are" and "You can't outrun yourself"
    Rabbit QX60-9060, Corel 2017, PhotoGrav, 24x40 laser shop and 24x24 building with woodworking and other messy tools. No background or natural aptitude but lots of ambition.