Thread: Virginia Symposium, going?

Virginia Symposium, going?

At the last moment I've decided to drive up to the Virginia Symposium this weekend, my first time. Looks like a good list of demonstrators: https://www.virginiawoodturners.com/...s/speakers.htm

Are you going? Maybe we could chat - I'm old and grey-bearded and usually carry a black backpack with a rider's crop sticking out the top, probably buying wood at Big Monk's.

JKJ

2. I’ll be there John. Perhaps we will be able to introduce ourselves to one another. If you are a member of WoW, there will be a WoW swap at lunch break at Joe Flemings vendor booth......bring a piece, but let me know so I can notify the organizers of one more participant.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I’ll be there John. Perhaps we will be able to introduce ourselves to one another. If you are a member of WoW, there will be a WoW swap at lunch break at Joe Flemings vendor booth......bring a piece, but let me know so I can notify the organizers of one more participant.
    Thanks. It's been years since I've been to the WoW site. I plan on talking with Joe.

I hope to meet up with you. I still look pretty much like my profile picture. Except I probably won't bring a baby goat.

baby_goat_P3114272ec.jpg

JKJ

4. Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Thanks. It's been years since I've been to the WoW site. I plan on talking with Joe.

I hope to meet up with you. I still look pretty much like my profile picture. Except I probably won't bring a baby goat.

baby_goat_P3114272ec.jpg

JKJ
    . Aaaah......no goat?

5. John, it was nice to meet you at the Virginia Symposium. Your items in the instant gallery were very well done! Exceptional finish on your pieces you brought. I have an appreciation for fine work, and yours certainly qualified in that regard!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    John, it was nice to meet you at the Virginia Symposium. Your items in the instant gallery were very well done! Exceptional finish on your pieces you brought. I have an appreciation for fine work, and yours certainly qualified in that regard!
    I enjoyed finally putting a face with your name! I don't get to many symposiums but meeting people is my favorite thing. Well, seeing other work and some of the demonstrators is fun too! If you ever get down towards Knoxville be sure to stop in for a visit.

Thanks for the compliments on the pieces. I don't have time to do a lot of turning but I always try to do the best I can. I get inspired by looking at what others have done. And I always spend way too much money at these things...

Mark StLeger even got down on the floor with me and this young fellow to play with tops. (I always carry a pocket full)

Mark_StLeger_tops.jpg

Did you watch him turn the spheres? I thought that was fun!

Mark_StLeger_spheres.jpg

JKJ

7. I did not catch Mark's rotations. Others were more in line with my interests. He does fine work though!