Thread: FTG blade for Hammer/Felder?

FTG blade for Hammer/Felder?

Does anybody have a favorite 10" FTG blade that fits Hammer/Felder? I have an extra WWII with a 5/8" hole, but I imagine shipping back-and-forth, boring, and grinding, would exceed the cost of a new blade.

Probably best off just ordering a new one from Ridge or Forrest.

But it can't hurt to call them and ask. It might be cheaper. Both companies are in New Jersey I think.

Give Dynamic Saw a call.

Flat tooth? Felder has one - I have the rip blade with a flat tooth grind. I'm sure you can look at CMT too.

It cost me $20 per blade to have FS Tools bore and drill my blades to fit the Hammer.

Since most of blades are in the $100 range it was very cost effective...........Look for a local shop in your area, maybe they can do it........Rod

Blog Entries
    Personally I think the Felder Silent Power blades are a significant upgrade to the Forest. I’d buy a Felder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    Personally I think the Felder Silent Power blades are a significant upgrade to the Forest. I’d buy a Felder.
    That may be true, but not according to the shop that sharpens my blades: I sent in a Silent Power blade to repair/replace some damaged carbide tips and the owner said that the blade was inferior quality and suggested I invest in a more robust blade rather than waste $60 repairing the Felder blade. You can take that for what it's worth.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you got a bad one, or a bad shop. I send mine to Leitz. When my silent power rip blade was measured for runout, there was virtually none.

Mike

Tenryu makes blades with ATB with flat raker grind which should give you a pretty flat groove. I run a Tenryu on my Hammer K3 and have been very happy with the quality of the cut.