Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay buyers beware ( I know everyone knows this just like I do )

It looks like this is what the seller said about it:

This item is listed as used but has never been used. Was bought along with a laser and discovered the laser was all I needed. It comes with the software and 2 starter bits and all tools which came with it when
    purchased from Roland. Selling only because I don't need it for my self and hoping someone else can get some use out of it. I will package and help with the shipping but cost of shipping is the responsibility of the
    buyer.
    I don't think you are justified in returning it for a Y axis limit switch error, that is probably easy to get sorted out - could be as simple as loose connector.

If it turns out that there is actual damage, or resolving the limit switch error is not possible, then you could have a good case for getting a refund.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Morris View Post
    between ebay and paypal its quite safe for buyers with the law and their policies on your side.
    et look at the hoops paypal is making him go tru paypal alsmost alway sides with the seller
    y
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    et look at the hoops paypal is making him go tru paypal alsmost alway sides with the seller
    y
    This is simply not true.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

[QUOTE=Rich Harman;2864500]I'm not sure you have a case here, at least not with the information provided so far which is limited to the item being advertised as "never used". Was it advertised as working, or just never used?

I got a refund today. I did have a case. ;-)
    Last edited by bruce edwards; 11-12-2018 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce edwards View Post
    I got a refund today. I did have a case. ;-)
    Details?

Did you get shipping refunded as well? Is the seller paying for return shipping?

Did you investigate the error message, or have someone else do it?

Did you discover more problems than the Y axis sensor error?

Did eBay require the seller to refund or did the seller decide to do it on their own? If so, what did you have to do to make that happen?
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Generally speaking it is a BAD idea to go through eBay or Paypal. You can try it to start but if it takes over 5 days, call up your credit card company and dispute the charges through them.

Paypal is nothing more than a credit card processing company that has somehow convinced people to treat them as more than that. Don't. Visa/MC/AMEX/Discovery are the ones that actually have the power. Dispute through them.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    Generally speaking it is a BAD idea to go through eBay or Paypal. You can try it to start but if it takes over 5 days, call up your credit card company and dispute the charges through them.

Paypal is nothing more than a credit card processing company that has somehow convinced people to treat them as more than that. Don't. Visa/MC/AMEX/Discovery are the ones that actually have the power. Dispute through them.
    Not really true. I ordered a digital probe for my CNC machine from a company in Montana. They assured me they were in Stock and would be shipped the next week. A month went by, not one email answered and no product. Filed with PayPal. They contacted or tried too any way the seller, no response. and got my money back. End of story.

PS There was no credit card involved with this purchase, it was all transfer of funds out and in of my account.
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-13-2018 at 3:12 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

PayPal has a direct link with the seller where your credit card company only has a direct link with PayPal. I can tell you from experience that PayPal will not be happy if you dispute your credit card charge without contacting them first. I did that once and they quickly let me know that they actually lose some of their options to recover from the seller if you dispute with your credit card. Your first contact should be the seller, then eBay, and finally, PayPal if the first two don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    Details?

Did you get shipping refunded as well? Is the seller paying for return shipping?

Did you investigate the error message, or have someone else do it?

Did you discover more problems than the Y axis sensor error?

Did eBay require the seller to refund or did the seller decide to do it on their own? If so, what did you have to do to make that happen?
    Seller told me I'd have to contact Paypal or Ebay, he wasn't going to help me.

Paypal refunded me for the purchase price and the original shipping charge. I didn't have to return the machine. Kinda cool/crazy for the 2 weeks of BS I went through.
    The machine is still sitting here doing nothing. Might order a new limit switch and see if that fixes it. 1st time owning this particular machine and not familiar with repairs and didn't expect
    to have to repair it.

Be careful out there....someone just listed another EGX 350 on Ebay....same price...same shipping charge....same state....NEW EBAY account created today. LMAO. I guess he bought 2 EGX 350s and discovered he could do everything with a laser????? ( his 1st Ebay listing said he bought the EGX 350 and discovered he could do everything with a laser ) What a crock of.....
    It could be a different person but I doubt it.

If you file dispute with Ebay you'll have to return it 1st and then might get the $ when the seller gets the item back.

My guess I purchased two non working machines cheap from a source and decided to peddle them. Maybe it was a Goodwill Store donation? Maybe he picked them out of a dumpster. The start of a good eBay scam. PayPal has always done good for me and if your smart enough to delete those scamming emails you won't get hacked.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10