Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Router Lift Selection

Get a Triton router and you don't need a lift.

Charley

I bought the jessem version and swapped out the top aluminum plate for the incra version for dust collection. Works awesome. Glad I did it and only wish I’d bought the incra version from the start to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Luna View Post
    Sounds like something I'd do, what with old eyes and all.

While I have been quite pleased with the JessEm Mast-R-Lift, I admit that I've been eyeballing the Incra version. Incra offers the plate and inserts as a retrofit and it's on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    I bought the jessem version and swapped out the top aluminum plate for the incra version for dust collection. Works awesome. Glad I did it and only wish I’d bought the incra version from the start to save money.
    You are not alone in this, did exactly the same thing, although I was a little disappointed that the Incra version wasn't etched the same as the Jessum.

Blog Entries
    Now that I am paying attention , the Milwaukee 5625's that I run are just over 4" as are the PC 7518's.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have a Jessem Mast-R-Lift II sitting new in the box and would like to check in to the Incra version of the top plate to get the dust collection plates. Can you give me a link for this product? I didn't see it on the Incra site. Thanks
    Kim

I found it. Here is the link in case anyone else is considering the switch.

https://www.incrementaltools.com/INC...c-mrl2conv.htm

+1 for the Triton. Have two router table setups, one with the 2 1/4 hp and one with the 3 1/2. Love both. Quiet. Much more so than the PC, Dewalt and Milwalkee that sit on the shelf unused.

I got the Jess-Em Master lift a year ago and it's increased my router table usage about 1000%. I hated using my old home made router table but with the lift it's much easier. I didn't even know about the Incra version when I bought the Jess-Em and would probably have bought it if I had. The magnetic inserts look nice, but I have enough invested in my Jess-Em and don't think I'll be spending any more money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Gibbens View Post
    I have a Jessem Mast-R-Lift II sitting new in the box and would like to check in to the Incra version of the top plate to get the dust collection plates. Can you give me a link for this product? I didn't see it on the Incra site. Thanks
    Kim
    Here's how you change it over

Thank you for the thoughts and insights. Lee Valley now has my money and I will be joining the ranks of the router-table-on-the-table-saw crew.
    Life is too short for dull sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    I have a master lift. I made a spacer for under the lift, removed two of the set screws and replaced them with bolts coming up from the bottom of the table. That stopped the annoying movement of the set screws.
    Sorry for the long-delayed reply, but I am interested in more detail on this. Is it possible to take a photo of your modification?

I think the adjust-from-under set screws that Bench Dog supplies with their cast iron table are a nightmare, and I'd like to find a better alternative.

Thanks, Brian.
    Last edited by Phil Stone; 11-13-2018 at 7:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Replied to the PM, but I'll post the photo here too:

You will also learn from this photo...that I have a crappy air compressor.

Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Thanks for posting that, Brian. I can't tell from the picture, is that just a strip of wood acting as the spacer? Are there corresponding strips on the other three sides? Do the bolts go through those strips? I hope I'm not overthinking this.

As I said in PM, and you acknowledged, you must have planed the strips to get the exact thickness needed to make the router plate flush with the table.

Nice solution!

Blog Entries
    Yes, exactly. I don’t remember if I cut holes in them, probably. I just used two bolts, the others remained leveling screws.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.