Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pony Jorgensen Clamps

New Pony Jorgensen Clamps

Hi:
    Has anyone seen the offerings from the new owners of Pony Jorgensen? What are your thoughts on the quality vs the old company?
    Thanks,
    Barry W. Larson

Blog Entries
    Who are they? Link?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

https://ponyjorgensen.com

I believe they are the folks that took over the old Adjustable Clamp Company. According the the website they are based in New Jersey, but I assume the manufacturing is offshore - but perhaps they are still US made?
    Thanks,
    Barry

As I didn't see any mention of Made in USA anywhere I looked on the site I'm gonna take a wild guess and say no, they are not Made in USA.

That's what I assumed as well. Now, has anyone seen these new versions in the wild and can comment on the quality?
    Thanks,
    Barry

I looked at some yesterday. The heavier bar clamps did not look as good to me. However the smaller F style look just about the same. I would buy one and use it to really compare. Mike.

I contacted Jorgensen and they are made in China.

After I posted the other day ,I looked at my collection at the shop and I actually have about 6-7 of these clamps . As far as I can tell they are just as good. Mine have orange and black rubber insert handles which I prefer to the hardwood of the old ones. Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    After I posted the other day ,I looked at my collection at the shop and I actually have about 6-7 of these clamps . As far as I can tell they are just as good. Mine have orange and black rubber insert handles which I prefer to the hardwood of the old ones. Mike.
    They actually switched to those handles a few years before they sold out. When Home Depot closed out the last of the USA clamps, I bought a bunch of them.

Here's a link to Amazon for 3/4" pipe clamps. I couldn't see it in the link from the pony site.

Thank you for posting this. I have a job coming up that requires more clamps than I own.

https://www.amazon.com/PONY-50-Clamp...pe+clamp+3%2F4

Jason I looked at those clamps closely,no made in U.S.A. on them anywhere so I am not sure if they are the newer ones or not. I think I bought them about a year ago.

All my wood handle Jorgensen clamps have the made in USA stamped on the bar. Before Jorgesen went belly-up a few years ago, Home Depot began selling the plastic handle Jorgensen clamps, I was quick to notice that there was no country of origin stamped or printed anywhere on the clamp. I did catch "Made in China" on few of the removable tags. So I believe almost all of the plastic handle clamps are not from USA.

Bill I think you are right. FWIW they have worked just like the other ones for me. I did buy some of them at Home Depot and the others at "Big R" in Great Falls MT. I do not worry about country of origin as long as the quality level I desire is displayed in the product. I do however have quite a few older American made' Jorgeson' clamps that are not for sale.

I managed to find a tool supplier here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada that is handling the new Pony Jorgensen clamps. The reason I asked about them on this news group is I didn't expect to find them here at least not yet. They are indeed made in China - that's what all the tags indicated. The store had the 3/4 and 1/2 inch pipe clamps, the light and medium duty bar clamps (with the plastic as opposed to wooden handles) and some of the heavy duty Jorgensen bar clamps. As far as I could see the clamps looked to be of good quality. The acme threads were well formed and the castings were as good as my US made clamps. The HD bar clamps appeared to be plated or at least polished up a bit - maybe a bit nicer than my older Jorgensen clamps which have rougher looking bars. I'm pretty well stocked up on the US made clamps I need, but I am interested in the canvas band clamps which are supposed to be re-introduced the end of the month. I always seem to be at least one short of these 🙂! Thanks to all who responded. Greatly appreciated.
    Barry

I need to setup another clamp bucket. I think I'm going try Yost