Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
If your running Mozaik you may give CabinetsenseSoftware a look for Sketchup. Thats what we run. You can pretty much setup your library however you construct cabs. Add stretchers/parts anywhere, any type of construction, setup all your construction boring in the machining database. I use it for far more than just cabinets. With a little bit of creative thinking you can pretty much build anything other than heavily radius' work. Paul has been a dream with regards to support. Top notch. Super fast responses.

You of course have to take some time to setup your libraries initially which sucks and you have some kinks to work out but as with anything the more your in it the easier it gets.

The software side of it to me is where the statement from a lot of people that if your planning a lot of production on a CNC you'd better budget for a dedicated draftsman because there are a lot of hours in the setup. If the bulk of your stuff will be accommodated by a pretty reasonable library its less of an issue.

We cut parts for another shop and I have his complete construction style setup as a separate library. If we had several shops like that they could each have their own library and then at that point its pretty much drag and drop other than for specials.

I really don't like sketchup, I don't know why.

The libraries are going to be a pain. I'm working through some of that as I go. I'm getting ahead of it a bit. Sorta. Maybe...

I've kicked around having somebody just doing drawings. I'm not sure I'm there yet. But, I know a shop that does a lot of wacky stuff with just a few guys and a cnc, they've got a dedicated draftsmen doing everything in fusion360.

I've reached out to a few shops already about taking their cutout work. One uses sketchup with a plug in I know. I'm not sure how we'd transfer that over. I'm guessing if they can make a dxf, we can put that in woodwop and create a tool path off of it. The other shop is running an ancient version of Cabnetware like I was. I told him to try Mozaik out, or come over once I've got a grip on it. It'd make his life easier.

If I can keep that machine running, (which I won't), it will be easy money.