Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lathe Tool Storage

Thanks, Kyle. Very functional!
    Martin Penning
    joplin, MO

Thanks everyone for their time and thoughts! At least for the time being, I decided to make something that would be portable and hold a fair number of tools. Many of you said they’ve gone through several iterations to get to their “final” (at least for a while) design. I have a good amount of floor space, but pretty limited amount of wall space. Anyway, here’s what I made for now. It’s in a tote that I have on a roll around cart and holds 32 tools. 244C50D6-2717-42BF-BBBB-9436E393E014.jpg
    Martin Penning
    joplin, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fritz View Post
    I'm not sure I could select the right tool by looking at the handle. How do you do that?
    I use a Sharpie and write something on the handle end top. You can see the "1/2" and "5/8" on my home made ones. The common Sorbys I write something on the cap. Lots of tools are different enough. Yes, lots of time is sometimes wasted Easter egging for the gouge that I know I put in that specific tube......

84C2BB69-3066-4B90-827F-040CCF14F094.jpegNot affiliated, nore do I have one, but I do like much about this design. http://www.montana-designs.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce McVeety View Post
    84C2BB69-3066-4B90-827F-040CCF14F094.jpegNot affiliated, nore do I have one, but I do like much about this design. http://www.montana-designs.com/
    Thanks, Bruce. That is really nice. Very much like the one Dick Mahaney built. I will check into the kit!
    Martin Penning
    joplin, MO