Thread: Corel 2017 & RD Works V8 Problem

Corel 2017 & RD Works V8 Problem

The last week or more I've been working on a simple cake topper.....Heart shape, two legs, with message. The problem is the legs. I process everything in Corel but when I import the file into RD Works it's "corrupted" somehow. First it's rotated about 2 degrees counter clockwise and the legs are obviously not the same..........I measured them with a caliper and they're both the same at the bottom with the R leg about .035 wider over 4.25" while the L side is about .050" narrower over the same length. I've printed from Corel and they're both the same. Until today I assumed the problem was on my end but I finally drew a rectangle the correct size in Corel, copy/paste, and modified the heart to accommodate them. I don't see where this is a Rabbit problem but I don't know exactly what to do next. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Are you saving to a USB stick drive? Sometimes those can be faulty and screw up a file. Or SAVE AS a complete new file and try that. Once your USB flash memory goes bad just pitch it out.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Computer is hooked directly to the laser but the problem "seems" to be between the two software programs. In Corel it looks great but when changed to dxf it seems to be corrupted somehow? As soon as I open the dxf file inRDWorks I SEE the "straight lines" aren't clean?

Have you tried exporting the file in .ai format? I have better luck going between Corel and RD Works using Illustrator files.

I FINALLY found the problem. Operator error of course(: There was a very tiny break where one upright joined the heart. I blew it up "ginormous" and there it was. Everyone was right about the "learning curve". Thanks for all your patience!

In Rd works- to prevent 'open'/broken curves I do a check by temporarily changing the line-type to a scan-type rather than a cut line. This shows whether the part is going to engrave fully, thereafter it is changed back to a cut line...