Thread: PayPal Hides Multi Order Shipping

PayPal Hides Multi Order Shipping

I have a personal PayPal account (not a business account) and have used it to create mailing labels when I have something to ship. Recently PayPal started hiding multi order shipping on personal accounts but making it available on business accounts.

I think the reason they did that is many people who do a small amount of business use a personal account and get their customers to pay with "friends and family" so PayPal loses the fee they charge on business transactions. If you have a business account, you cannot accept a "friends and family" payment.

But PayPal shipping is a valuable resource for private shipments - you get discounted shipping rates (cheaper than if you go to www.usps.com) and it's convenient to print out the shipping labels.

There's a way to get to multi order shipping from a private account - at least for now.

1. Log into your PayPal account.
    2. Click on "Help" and type in "multi order shipping" in the search line
    3. You'll get a link to multi order shipping in the results - click on that.

A shortcut is to go through the process above, and when you get to multi order shipping, save the URL in your bookmarks bar. You can't use that to go directly to multi order shipping - you have to log on to your PayPal account first and then click on the link you saved.

If PayPal cuts off multi order shipping completely from personal accounts, I suppose I'll open a business account and only use it for printing shipping labels.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Unless it has changed in the last month a PP business account can accept F&F payments.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Unless it has changed in the last month a PP business account can accept F&F payments.
    Okay, I was going from memory and I thought I had seen something that said no F&F in business accounts.

Mike

[I did a bit or googling and from my quick search, if someone sends a F&F to a business account, the sender pays the fees. Looks like F&F is not free the way it is between two personal accounts. But this is from a quick Google so do your own research.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-29-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I double checked since it is relevant to me since I have a family member paying back a loan via Paypal. The only occasions where there is a fee for F&F payments is if the payment is funded by a credit card or sender and receiver are not in the same country. For the "standard" F&F payment within the US and funded by Paypal balance or bank account there is no fee for a personal or business account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...aq690#business

From that link you can toggle between personal and business account and see they are the same.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

This is old but I'll offer an update. Since PayPal went to ShipStation, it appears that they took the link to create labels off their dashboard page. You can access PayPal shipping at

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/createbulk
    or
    www.Paypal.com/mos

At least for now.

Mike

[QUOTE=Van Huskey;2861110] I have a family member paying back a loan /QUOTE]Exactly how does that work? I mean the paying back part

[QUOTE=Bruce Wrenn;3184068]
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I have a family member paying back a loan /QUOTE]Exactly how does that work? I mean the paying back part
    I think the idea is valid, however if one makes such a loan do it with the idea it might be a gift instead.

Speaking of Van Huskey does anyone ever hear or have any contact from him? His bandsaw wisdom was always a treat to read.
    Last edited by Ronald Blue; 03-16-2022 at 10:19 PM.