Thread: got several things done the past few weeks.

got several things done the past few weeks.

Well I made my mom and sister some fabric cutting boards and my mom some thread spools and bobbin holders which I posted before so here are the fabric cutting boards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMG_20181027_180245253.jpgI am also in the middle of building a work/glue up/assembly bench. the top will be 3/4 sanded plywood and the size will be 84" long x 36" deep and 34" high. it will also has some heavy duty lockable swivel casters and a bottom shelf. The picture shows 7" legs which I cut off even to the bottom shelf so accomadate the height of the casters. Waiting on the 1st of the month to get the plywood I need for the top and bottom shelf and the casters. The bottom shelf will be just regular old plywood.

Marlin, can you explain the purpose of the inlays and what look to be dadoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Marlin, can you explain the purpose of the inlays and what look to be dadoes?
    No dados or inlays here is the plan I work from except mines a little bigger and I used 2x6s for the top bench support running down the sides.

http://www.ana-white.com/2015/12/fre...shop-workbench

Sorry, I was asking about the fabric cutting boards, not the workbench....

LOL sorry the inlays are for measurement, when you buy fabric by the bolt the width are at 60 and 45 inchs folded in half so 30" and 22 1/2". The inlays which are rosewood are at 30 and 22 1/2 inchs so when they lay the bolt down they know what size it is. The silver are aluminum 1/2" angle layed into the wood for cutting guides and I set them in where my sister or mom wanted to cut to.

IMG_20181014_210621053.jpg

Thanks! Not being of the sewing persuasion I was curious about those features.