Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some Computer Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    You do realize Win10 has been out for over 3 years at this point, right?
    Yes i realize it has been on the market for some time but a recent event involving an update that was deleting files suggested that some things are still amiss. Also when win10 was first released MS tried to force it upon computer users without permission. And I know win 7 days are numbered which makes hanging on to it a somewhat irrational decision. So what to do? like some users I will just cave-in and use it. It would be interesting to hear other members experiences with win10 though.

Blog Entries
    I have windows 10 on two computers and I've only had one intermittent problem. We have two computers connected through a network one is LAN and the other uses wifi. I like to sync certain files between the two computers and sometimes the two computers don't see each other so the files can't sync. Other than that they have been problem free and both are up to date with the latest versions of windows 10. My laptop came with Windows 7 and I upgraded to Win 10. The desk top came with Win 10 installed. I even run some older programs on both computers. I would recommend it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Chuck, while I am generally a MacOS user, I necessarily use Win10 for certain things including my CNC. I have had ZERO issues with Win10 on any of my machines (native or in virtual machines) or on any family member's machines. It's been rock-solid. I can't say that about previous versions, however. Win7 was reasonably sound, but Win8 was horrible.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

On our 4 computers 2 desktops and 2 laptops we have windows 10 and some of the upgrades messed up every one not all the same update but different ones. We had to undo some of the updates and on 2 one laptop and one desktop we had to reload as they were in a boot loop. The laptop I am posting this on has tried to update 10 times now and it get to 84% and stalls then it has to undo the update it takes about 3 hours for this to go through. I will not put windows 10 on my CNC computer because of the updates.
    Last edited by Jerome Stanek; 10-30-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Chuck, while I am generally a MacOS user, I necessarily use Win10 for certain things including my CNC. I have had ZERO issues with Win10 on any of my machines (native or in virtual machines) or on any family member's machines. It's been rock-solid. I can't say that about previous versions, however. Win7 was reasonably sound, but Win8 was horrible.
    Yup. They seem to have major issues every other version, with the followup being (almost) painless: 8 followed by 10, Vista followed by 7, ME followed by XP.

I'm not really looking forward to the next "major" version, assuming there is one.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.