Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more Harbor Freight freebies?

Got flier in mail today and had 20% off and couple freebie stuff.

I have noticed in my area that they have been sending a lot less the last couple months.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Just got an ad two days ago and it has the 20% and freebies. Central PA.

I have a abandoned house across the street from me and the Mailman put the Harbor Freight catalog addressed there in my box along with the one addressed to me.
    It was the exact same catalog with the exact same items on the coupon. But some of the items on the coupons had different prices.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

There's 3 freebies on the front page of the catalogue I just received.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm thinking here - based on the feedback - that this might be a regional thing &/or HF is sending out "feelers".
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Blog Entries
    I usually get two different flyers, one that has the 20% off coupon and one that does not.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    "...a free magnetic tool holder."

Those work really well as long as your tool collection is all paper clips.
    I've got a few holding wrenches and hammers (and have been for a couple of years without issue). Though, I guess I'm assuming paperclips are the same size in your neck of the woods
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

I am located in SE MN - I saw this same behavior - no freebie/discount coupons occur about 3 weeks ago. they have since resumed. Latest offer (Sunday newspaper) was for flashlight, 5x7 tarp, microfiber cleaning cloth and 20% off coupon (last weekends edition). On Monday, a catalog arrived - announcing the "Lower than Discount" sale, and it has the 4 in 1 screwdriver, 24 pack batteries and 20% coupon.

Maybe a change in how they do business is coming, and these are feelers to see how the public reacts.....?

I wish they would get rid of these things. In my opinion, God's wrath is being stuck behind seven older gentlemen at HF, all trying to figure out how to get four freebies with their $3.99 purchase, then arguing with the cashier about why they can't get the free flashlight.

The Harbor Freight catalog came today, no freebies for me.

Looks like I'll have to continue using one of the 2,389 flashlights I already have. Can I stand the strain?

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    The Harbor Freight catalog came today, no freebies for me.

Looks like I'll have to continue using one of the 2,389 flashlights I already have. Can I stand the strain?

-Tom
    Just FYI, the new version of the little blue work light (the one the size of a bar of soap) with the ribbon LED down the center is MUCH better than the old ones with 28 individual LEDs.

But yeah, I have about all the 4 in 1 screwdrivers and little flashlights that I'm ever likely to need.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    I wish they would get rid of these things. In my opinion, God's wrath is being stuck behind seven older gentlemen at HF, all trying to figure out how to get four freebies with their $3.99 purchase, then arguing with the cashier about why they can't get the free flashlight.
    And then they write a check for their $3.99 purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    I have noticed in my area that they have been sending a lot less the last couple months.
    Not here, we get a ton of it. Every week in the junk mail ad drop, there are at least 2 ads from HF, plus a big booklet ad at least every other week.

I think I already own just about everything they sell, so this won't be an issue for me.

I get both kind of ads.