Thread: Rabbit Laser Update

Rabbit Laser Update

I've had my Rabbit laser almost 6 weeks now and it's been the sharp learning curve everyone predicted but I've definitely learned a lot. Almost immediately I had a problem, previously described, and I definitely panicked but Rabbit did their part, the problem was resolved, and my focus moved to software and processes. Last Saturday another situation came up. For some reason the table went all the way to the bottom of the case. On Sunday I sent Ray an email describing what happened and he responded a couple hours later with some ideas. I was unsuccessful so called the office yesterday and spoke with Carole. We still don't know why it happened but the table was bottomed out out and out of level by at least 1.5" putting everything in a severe bind. Carole was very helpful and following her suggestions I was able to figure my way back to "normalcy", the machine works again, and there doesn't appear to be any damage. Many thanks to Ray and Carole for quality support!

So what happened and will it repeat?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I don't know Bill. The most likely explanation is operator error but that doesn't make much sense to me? I guess we'll watch and see.

I know nothing of moving tables in Chinese machines as my Triumph has a stationary table, but, my 3 Western machines have moving tables, and once you plug in a rotary and attempt any axis movement, the table will bottom out 'till it hits the limit switch before anything else happens. So... just wondering...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Do you have an AUTOFOCUS Pen on the machine head?
    If so, REMOVE IT! NOW and throw it away. Tape up the connections well and forget about it. Manually focus. Be glad it went down, and not up.

They are made from a cheap magnet switch and moving magnet that sticks, comes off and otherwise is JUNK!!!!! And can ruin your day when it shoves the bed into the nozzle.
    If you don't, then possible loose wire on the stop switch.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I've not been brave enough to hook up the rotary yet Kev so that wasn't an issue. I'd be interested in other comments on the autofocus function. I thought at first there was an issue with the switch but I wasn't looking at the situation correctly.

The rotary itself wouldn't be the issue obviously if it's never been hooked up, but the machine might think it's hooked up... Auto focus is a good bet since the switch has to reverse at some point...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle