Thread: Bowl Medallions

Bowl Medallions

I am seeing some turners online that put a medallion on the bottom of their bowls with what I assume is their info. Does anyone know where you can get these made?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

http://www.signaturemedallions.com/

Gary is top shelf. These are classy.

Here's my take on medallions in what I call the Coin Bowl. The coin was created for the ECU Dept of Engineering Alumni Reunion. The spalted red oak material came from ECU's campus as part of site preps for a new building. Working on Coin Bowl II now.

These are bronze coins purchased through a local company at about 2X the price of signature medallions. The one I used here is double sided. The underside has an outline of the state of NC; I just have the bowl mis-oriented in the picture. PM if you want more information on the company. OBTW, the coins are made in China and have about a 3 week delivery.

ECU Engineering Alumni Bowl Back.jpgECU Engineering Alumni Bowl Front.jpg

I use signaturemedallions.com as well. They really look great. You do your own art work and send it to him. He'll work on it and send you a proof. You pay and he gets them done. They are made overseas so it takes a while. You can get pretty fine detail on them

RP

There is a large group of people here that can make custom medallions. Visit our Laser Engraving Forum and send a PM to any one of our laser engravers if you want wood, acrylic or a variety of other materials that are available. The guys that own woodworking shops can easily resaw wood and purchase metal and acrylic materials to suit or you can offer to provide the material.

Your cost will reflect the number of medallions you order as you would expect. It takes time to create the necessary artwork which affects the price per medallion. Once you have your own Laser ready artwork your costs go down considerably. You might consider asking for a digital file as part of your purchase.

Ron Brown sells them.
    ronbrownsbest.com