Thread: Canvas Printer

Canvas Printer

I was just wondering if anyone on here has or has any knowledge of canvas printers. We are looking to add a printer that will also print on ccanvas. Any help is appreciated.

Zelma : )
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

I have a client who produces her work using one of them and the end result is outstanding, especially after the three coats of a clear "texture" finish she applies over the prints. Unfortunately, I don't recall what brand she has.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Look for a photo printer that uses pigment based inks. Pretty sure Canon makes them.

How big do you want.

Blog Entries
    Before the days of computer printers we used to print on cloth with silk screen printing.

One guy would print outlines on canvas of various clowns. He would then paint them in and sell them.

In the world of silk screen printing there was a saying, "if you can hold it still, we can print on it."

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Not 100% sure, but a fairly large one.
    God Bless,
    Texas

When I worked at the Ky Historical Society several years ago, we had an Epson that would print 60 inches wide. It had a media that looked like canvas, but I'm not sure if it was or if it was just a heavy paper with a canvas look & feel. It did a nice job. We used it to put up surrogates of paintings that were being cleaned/restored or other times when we wanted that look.
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Blog Entries
    I've been watching the fortunes of a technology called SprayPrinter. If you just google SprayPrinter, you get their main page. They are a service that will come out and paint the side of your building.
    But go here
    and they sell and handheld device.

This is a gizmo that uses a can of art paint. I don't know if you could fit Rustoleum or Krylon. Is there some sort of standard?

-- you set up the image you want in a phone app (Android or iPhone)
    -- You put your phone on a tripod so that the image in the phone overlays your canvas or wall or whatever.
    -- You load a color into SprayPrinter and tell the app what color you are spraying.
    -- You hold the Sprayprinter so the phone can see an LED on the device
    -- If the LED is inside an area that needs that color, the phone instructs SprayPrinter via Bluetooth to spray little dots.
    -- You move SprayPrinter around and it decides when to spray dots.

So, for $300 or so, you get this spray can controller and an app. No big machine.

Use your imagination. I kind of want one of these. We have an old southern house with columns in front. I set up flys between columns so we could raise and lower decorations at Christmas and the 4th of July. It would be fun to use Sprayprinter to make Halloween banners or cheer on the local sports teams or whatever. All I would need are some cheap sheets.

They must be fairly common since a lot of artwork is printed on canvas.

I would just use one of the online printing places if you only need a few prints. Costco also does them at prices ranging from $29 for 12x16 to $280 for 40x60.
    Steve

The shop that I cut for has a Mimaki printer that will print on canvas

We're looking at and researching the Epson P9000. Does anyone have any knowledge about them?
    God Bless,
    Texas

Vutek makes a great printer one of the shops I cut for has had 2 for about 10 years now