Thread: ChefWare

ChefWare

Has anyone had much dealings with ChefWare Kits when buying vacuum chucks and accessories? I bought one of their kits last year and it took a few weeks to get all the items shipped.
    Back in the first of August I order another chuck from them. Got an email verifying my order, then nothing. I waited several weeks before calling on the phone only to get no answer. Emails sent with no response. I finally got someone on the phone a month ago and was told that the order was not in stock and would be 2 more weeks before they received a shipment. That was 4 and half weeks ago and still no response from them.
    I don't want to trash this company if there is a legitimate reason for the delay or lack of customer service.
    Someone should at least reply to my email.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Issue has been resolved.
    Moderators please delete this thread if so desired.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Issue has been resolved.
    I would LOVE to know more about this, because:

I contacted them PRIOR to placing my order asking how long it would take to get a threading jig to me. I was told 'It typically takes a week to build the jig, and then we ship it usps priority.'

Order was placed 30 days ago, and I have yet to receive the product.

4 days ago, I received a 'your order has shipped' e-mail - however, the tracking number has been in 'Pre-Shipment' status since then, indicating that the package, if it exists, hasn't made it to the post office.

My last e-mail to 'sales@chefwarekits.com' has gone unanswered, and their website seems to be 'down' (I'm being friendly here).

Guess my uncle's ashes will just have to be sealed into his urn with superglue, as I'm up against a deadline for the interment.

cant answer your question but these threaded inserts are much more classy then wood threads. https://www.fromwalnuttoantlers.com/...readed-inserts I have heard good reviews about them but have not had the need to order a set yet.

On more than one occasion, from more than one vendor, I have seen shipments stay in "preshipment" status up until it arrived and the status was suddenly "delivered." Frustrating, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A Lawrence View Post
    these threaded inserts are much more classy then wood threads.
    Chris, Thank you for referring me to this vendor. I placed an order this morning and they have been EXTREMELY responsive, indicating that the package is already in the post. Judging from the pictures on the site, I imagine the workmanship is top notch. Looking forward to using them. If fate is involved, the threading jig will probably show up today too.