Thread: Help With Antivibration Pads For Walking Grinder Stand?

Help With Antivibration Pads For Walking Grinder Stand?

Before you ask, I can tell you that I did true the wheel as best I could and that cut out about 98% of the walk. I would however, like to put some pads on the stand, just cuz sometimes I put moderate force on buffing pads that I use and that might cause some walking. Are there any nice, bolt-on pads out there?

Check out a used appliance store for some washing machine foot pads.

For my heavy machines that I don't have on rollers such as my old Delta lathe and Powermatic 8" jointer, I have put them on inch thick rubber pads that they normally put in horse stalls. Bought at Tractor Supply Co and cut to fit. Really heavy stuff, much heavier than the rubber pad I have in the bed of my pick up truck. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Before you ask, I can tell you that I did true the wheel as best I could and that cut out about 98% of the walk. I would however, like to put some pads on the stand, just cuz sometimes I put moderate force on buffing pads that I use and that might cause some walking. Are there any nice, bolt-on pads out there?
    Derek,

In case you are interested, Oneway makes a balancing system for grinders with traditional grinding wheels. https://oneway.ca/products-category/...cing%20Systems

I put this system on a 1hp bench grinder with good Norton wheels and it ran so smooth I'm sure it would have passed the nickle test. I've since switched to CBN wheels on most of my grinders and they are always perfectly balanced.

In addition to or instead of the pads can you add some weight low on the stand? That's what people typically do with lathes that are sometimes used to spin out-of-balance wood. I have one polishing wheel on a stand that someone made with a 24" square piece of steel about 1.5" thick. Man, that thing is so heavy I can barely slide it around. There are some thin rubber pads on the bottom.

JKJ