Thread: Sawmill suggestions

Sawmill suggestions

I live in Windsor Canada across from Detroit MI and in the spring we are heading to Florida to visit friends. We will be travelling down I-75 South. Can anyone recommend unique sawmills along the way (not too far off I-75 please) as well as tool supply stores -I regularly shop Lee Valley in Canada and Rockler & Woodcraft near Detroit - so looking for similar quality stores to these. Thanks in advance.
    Cary Wheeler
    Windsor Ontario Canada
    "Honest honey! That isn't a new tool you're looking at. That was my grandfathers. Yes, they had yellow Dewalt tools back in the 30's"

If you have a farm check out agri supply there is one in Tifton,ga. on us 41 only 1/2 mile off 75

Woodwerk supply in Columbus, OH would be a couple of hours detour from I75, but maybe you could combine with stop in Germantown for lunch or dinner.....

They have two locations, you want the main location.

As you drive into Atlanta, make sure that you stop in Highland Woodworking. https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/

It is well worth the time you will spend there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Wheeler View Post
    I live in Windsor Canada across from Detroit MI and in the spring we are heading to Florida to visit friends. We will be travelling down I-75 South. Can anyone recommend unique sawmills along the way (not too far off I-75 please) as well as tool supply stores -I regularly shop Lee Valley in Canada and Rockler & Woodcraft near Detroit - so looking for similar quality stores to these. Thanks in advance.
    Do you mean sawmills that are unique to look at or sawmills where you can buy unique green wood, or what?

My Woodmizer LT-15 behind the barn probably doesn't qualify but you are invited to stop snd visit anyway! I'm just 5 miles or so off I-75 at exit 122 (Clinton, north of Knoxville). Depending on the timing you can even run the sawmill yourself - I need to saw a few more cedar logs. Or you can just stop to take a break and take a llama for a walk or feed a peacock.

No big tool places around here but I would also recommend Highland down the road in Atlanta. I usually spend $400 an hour there. I try not to stay too long.

JKJ