Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Way off topic question

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    I have been very satisfied with both Lands End and LL Bean products.
    I have too!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Columbia makes nice regular weight summer shirts. No idea about flannel. Watch Ebay for Duluth shirts. Some guys sell a handfull when they lose weight. I only buy ones that "look like new". no duds yet.

I've gotten the highest quality flannel shirts from the local farmer's co-op. I don't remember the brands but they launder well and seem to last forever. They are NOT cheap. This time of year they are well stocked.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Warfield View Post
    Don't think so Wade. That trip scared me pretty bad.

Bob
    I hope you are right. I mainly wear Tshirts, so can't give any advice on flannels.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Going shopping today.

Bob

I, too, recently lost a lot of weight after a health scare. I dropped 65 pounds which made my wardrobe obsolete. I ran into a problem because I need tall shirts and LL Bean is the only place we have found that offers Medium Tall shirts. No one else that we found offers tall shirts in anything smaller than a large. We bought some very nice flannel shirts, among other things, at LL Bean last week and they are very nice.

Scott

Before she passed, my MIL always gave me an LL Bean flannel shirt for Christmas with a crisp new $50 bill fashioned into a bow tie on the collar. Those shirts wear like iron and I still have a closet full to remember her by. Bless her heart.

I have been impressed with both LL Bean shirts and those I bought from Cabelas.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I've gotten the highest quality flannel shirts from the local farmer's co-op. I don't remember the brands ....
    I checked three of my favorite flannel shirts today. They are all Carhart brand. Sometimes our Co-0p has a "get the second one at 1/2 price" sale. Might ask.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Another source to check might be:

https://www.dickies.com

Free shipping on orders over $50 currently. They often seem to offer free shipping if you are on their email list.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The best shirt I've ever owned was my Five Brother flannel shirt (a gift, I could never have spent that much on clothing) --- still wearing it decades later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brader View Post
    I, too, recently lost a lot of weight after a health scare. I dropped 65 pounds which made my wardrobe obsolete. I ran into a problem because I need tall shirts and LL Bean is the only place we have found that offers Medium Tall shirts. No one else that we found offers tall shirts in anything smaller than a large. We bought some very nice flannel shirts, among other things, at LL Bean last week and they are very nice.

Scott
    Duluth Trading has all sizes in regular and tall.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Before she passed, my MIL always gave me an LL Bean flannel shirt for Christmas with a crisp new $50 bill fashioned into a bow tie on the collar. Those shirts wear like iron and I still have a closet full to remember her by. Bless her heart.
    But do you still have the bowties?
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a real problem ordering clothing over the internet. I'm a hands on kind of guy. I did find some nice shirts today at our local Rural King store. Carhartt brand. Never thought I'd spend that much on 1 shirt but I thought we'll give it a try. My wife washed and dried it and I'm wearing it right now. Seems to fit perfectly and is very comfortable. Now I'm thinking I will get a couple more.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    But do you still have the bowties?
    Those were the fastest spending bow ties you ever saw