Thread: Small Projec for the LOML

Small Projec for the LOML

She wants a wooden small tray. I have two questions.....

I want to round over the top outside edge around all four sides, how would you do this? Run it top edge down on the router table after assembly?

I want to round over the four outside corners, how would you do this? They tray is being built with locking rabbet/dado outside corners. Would you round over the verticle corners on the sides, ends will be between the sides, before assembly?

Hope I have made this clear.

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I would do all the round-overs after assembly.

Use your router table with a bit that's radius is less than half the thickness of sides.

I'm reading that you want something like this photo.
    Radiusing the inside corner is going to involve oversizing the material than milling out the excess after construction. It's the type of detail that turns a 1000 dollar project into a 3000 dollar project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnny means; 10-21-2018 at 7:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    This 3 x 3 x 4-1/2" box was made with locking rabbet joints on the corners. The outside corners were rounded with a ROS to prevent chipping. The top edges were rounded on the router table. Ends were routed first then the sides.
    maplebox.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

A good rasp can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    I would do all the round-overs after assembly.

Use your router table with a bit that's radius is less than half the thickness of sides.
    This is how I would do it, as well, if you only want to round off the outside edges.

If you're asking for a rounding off scheme, I usually round everything off to some degree .. but no interior fillets.