Thread: Felder - CF 741s Professionnal

Felder - CF 741s Professionnal

First sorry for my English bur I am french from Marieville, Qué.

I am looking to by a CF 741S (5 in 1ombo)

I like to know if somebody have this type of Equipment and hat you think about it.

The have a show on next 2018/10/24 with a discount of 25% to 35%

Thank-you

I understand you are asking about specific Felder equipment but am not sure if you are implicitly asking about multi-function machines. I cannot speak to the Felder part but can address the multi-function aspect as I have a Minimax combo. I very much like mine which I purchased due to very small shop. Single machines simply would not fit in it. Individual machines are preferred simply because you do not have to change between operations. Felder does make nice machines.

Guy, combination machines like this from Felder and SCM/Minimax are generally excellent tools. Many folks here at Sawmill Creek own machines from these brands.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank you Jim I will look the Felder machine very seriously

Guy, I have one. I have no issues with it. I bought it when I had a smaller building, the 5 in 1 does save room. Now that I have a bigger shop, I still don't regret having a CF. Excellent machine!

Blog Entries
    I have the 2007 version with 4kw motors. It is an incredible machine and has hugely improved my woodworking.

There are a few items that are, in my opinion, mandatory to make the saw as useful as possible. You need a pair of parallel guides -- Brian Lamb of Lamb Toolworks makes an incredible set that will increase your reliance on the slider for ripping. In addition, a set of air clamps also increase productivity and accuracy of your work by ensuring that the work is securely held to the sliding table. My recommendation is a pair from Mac Campshure of Airtight Clamps.

I don't know what your plan is for the machine -- that is, will it live in a space where the outrigger table will remain on the slider at all times? If not, the cart for storing, loading the table onto the slider, and moving the offloaded table is very useful. The outrigger table is quite heavy and a challenge to deal with otherwise.

If you are going to do much work with the shaper, then a power feeder is both a safety and productivity tool. Also, get the bracket that allows you to swing the feeder below the table with the gas strut.

I have the mortising table and chuck. It's great having a horizontal slot mortiser.

I regret nothing about my CF741. I bought mine used and it has served me well.

Mike

Thank you very much Mike and I will take yours recommandation and how much was the cost in 2007 (US money)

Blog Entries
    I bought mine in 2013 used for 13,500 from the widow of a person who was a hobbyist. It was, I think, a fair deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    I bought mine in 2013 used for 13,500 from the widow of a person who was a hobbyist. It was, I think, a fair deal.
    That price was half of the new price I paid in 2010 (I think that was the year), great deal! Keep in mind that the extras and upgrades add a lot to the price.

I have a combination saw/shaper and a jointer/planer.

I've used the CF741 a fair bit. They are very nice machines................Regards, Rod.

I have the CF741SP. I sold all my individual tools and moved to a smaller space and also upgraded each one to an industrial level at the same time. I got pretty much every option available on it aside from a 10' slider that wouldn't fit, and DRO for sawblade height and tilt, and shaper tilt - I did get handwheel gauges for those. I stuck with the base kW (5.5 maybe?)on 3 phase. After market I invested heavily in Aigner safety components, Lamb's parallel fence (lightweight and easy to read scale). My biggest problem is the switch out time. If everything goes perfect, then it's part of a process and the machine gets switched once then multiple parts run, then switched again etc. It can take a few minutes for saw blade changes especially dado and regular, and you can't use the saw with the shaper on it or vise versa. If I had the space I would keep the combo and use for saw, jointer, planer and mortiser and get another shaper. It's becoming one of the best tools in my shop and has opened up a lot of potential. Now its time for a bigger shop