Thread: Wireless Microphone System

Wireless Microphone System

If you do woodworking videos, or any kind of videos, having a wireless microphone really improves the audio quality. Amazon has the Samson system available in their warehouse deals for a very good price. The Samson unit gets very good reviews.

I bought one from their warehouse deals recently and it was new, as far as I can tell.

An alternative to a wireless mike is to record the audio separately and then sync the audio and video in post processing - but that's a hassle.

And if you don't do woodworking videos, this may be valuable to your church or for other situations where you or others do public speaking.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Thanks Mike.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Samson makes a good product.

Why does no one use throat mikes in the noisy workshop videos. Is the sound quality too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Why does no one use throat mikes in the noisy workshop videos. Is the sound quality too low.
    When I do a woodworking video, I talk before turning the machine on. When the machine is on, I don't talk - I concentrate on what I'm doing.

When doing hand tool things, noise is not a problem.

I never thought of using a throat microphone.

Mike

P.S. there was only one unit at the warehouse price ($126). What I did was use camelcamelcamel to set an alert and when the price got down, I was alerted to go purchase it.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.