Thread: festool guide rails

festool guide rails

Does anybody know if festool guide rails #203155 will fit the Makita track saw tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Payne View Post
    Does anybody know if festool guide rails #203155 will fit the Makita track saw tracks.

We have Makita track saws and one Festool, the Festool fits the Makita tracks we have.

IF you use any two different saws, even two Makita’s , there is a slight difference in how the rubber strip gets cut, so the answer is how close is close enough for the rubber guide to engage the saw blade?

I am speaking about the parallel guides that you connect to the guide rails to make repeated cuts made by Festool

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Payne View Post
    I am speaking about the parallel guides that you connect to the guide rails to make repeated cuts made by Festool
    OK , sorry , I have no intel on those.

Yes, they will but you should probably do yourself a favor and buy the ones from Seneca Woodworking instead:
    https://www.senecawoodworking.com/

Each has their advantages but the Seneca ones are better for most applications. Do you have a specific application in mind?

Thanks Greg I just ordered me a set of those Seneca jigs

For the record, they do not fit. I have both the Makita and Festool system. The Makita rail has an extra “rabbet” on the outer extrusion that prevents the Festool parallel guides from sliding on.

Davis is correct. I forgot you have to trim the small tab off to use them. However, that is an easy mod to do.
    Makita-ParGuides.jpg
    The Seneca is the better choice for most uses anyway. Woodpeckers made some also but think they were one time tool.

Or you can easily make one yourself from scrap material and two T-bars:

cab2.jpgcab3.jpg

I think I will get good use out of them seems like the older I get them damm sheets of plywood get heavier. This way I won’t have to wag them over to the table saw as often. How about the Festool MFT/3 I am eyeing one of them next. Looks like it would be great for cross cutting my cabinet sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Davis is correct. I forgot you have to trim the small tab off to use them. However, that is an easy mod to do.
    Makita-ParGuides.jpg
    The Seneca is the better choice for most uses anyway. Woodpeckers made some also but think they were one time tool.
    There is also the cheaper, same thing as Seneca options from Precision Dogs (LINK). I went that route and they've been awesome.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!