Thread: savannah chuck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

savannah chuck

does anyone have any experience with the savannah chuck that peachtree sells,,it actually looks like one of the barracuda chucks that penn state sells,,I was wondering if its the same chuck and would the jaws interchange,,,

I sent an email to Peachtree because I had the same question and here is the response I got: "We are not able to tell you for sure if the jaws will work. We do know that both brands as well as the Woodcraft brand are made by the same manufacture in China. So it should work".

I went ahead and bought a Savannah chuck and can now say with certainty that the jaws are not interchangeable. The screws that secure the jaws are larger on the Savannah chuck.

thank you for your input,,,no one but you could answer my question,,,it actually looks like a good chuck,,its a shame it don't have other jaws to fit it,,well not to my knowledge they don't,,,,

Now that I have both chucks I wouldn't say that one is better than the other, they are both good chucks. If it is more jaws you are interested in I would by the Barracuda since it comes with 3 sets of jaws, and on occasion they have a sale where they throw in a set of cole jaws as well. The only reason to buy the Savannah chuck is if you really want the dovetail style jaw and you are happy with the 2" jaws it comes with. I am indifferent as they both work fine for me.