Thread: rdworks vs light burn

rdworks vs light burn

I have been using rdworks and its ok after lasercut, but i was quite surprised i cannot load a jpg or bmp direct
    into rdworks, it will not accept.
    It looks like it will only accept vector files and that is ok but i used to engrave bmp files with success on lasercut
    So is light burn any different will it accept bmp files

RDworks should be able to import a bmp.

Yes LightBurn can also import bitmaps. The trial is free so there is no risk in giving it a try.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

I just loaded it tonight , so far I do not see a big difference

You can use jpg files in RDWorks, just have to know how. Here is a sample file (poor quality, random picture taken from meme) which was converted to use in laser as engraving file. It takes me about 5 minutes including searching, converting and saving file.

mixdd.jpg
    Red & Black KH-7050 / 80W EFR F2 / "24mm" head with lens 20/mirror 25mm / extended working area 720x510 | Foison vinyl cutter 2FT wide | Was working on Epilog, Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland, Graphtec, CNCs, laminators etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stan kern View Post
    I just loaded it tonight , so far I do not see a big difference
    If you look further into them both you'll love Lightburn for it's many advantages and superb support and backup services - every iteration of LB improves it even more; after 6 years of enduring RDWorks, Lightburn is a joy to have!! Never goin' back!
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!