Thread: Where to buy a rubber/waffle converyor belt for performax 37x2 drum sander?

Where to buy a rubber/waffle converyor belt for performax 37x2 drum sander?

I need to replace the belt on a performax sander. I don't want the sandpaper belts as I just have a very difficult time getting them to track. Maybe I just can't find a good supplier of these sandpaper belts, but the rubber belts just seem so much better for the application this machine is used for. The rubber belt on this machine is wearing after many years of use, and needs to be replaced.

Can anyone point me to a supplier? I don't care what they cost, I just want to get one, or two.

I had a 37x2 for a couple years that was from the early 2000s, i think. It was before the whole jet/performax/supermax split. In other words, it was made by performax, but called the supermax 37x2, and was essentially identical to what supermax later produced. I think as part of the split they walked away with rights to the larger models made in the USA. Anyways, i sold that sander 3ish months ago, but one of the first things i did was swap out the original paper belt with a rubber belt. Th paper one lasted 2-3 months before a tear ensued and it shredded itself shortly thereafter. The tracking on the paper belts really kinda sucks, which exacerbates the tearing issue. Heres my invoice from supermax in 2015.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know if this would apply to your sander but I went through 3 different brands of sandpaper type conveyor belts for my 16/32. When I called Performax about my tracking issues, they repeatedly told me to get the OEM brand (3M). I just blew it off as them wanting the income. I finally relented and no more tracking problems.

Call Supermax directly.. I can not post the link, but they have a phone number on their website.
    I got the rubber belt from them. It helps.

Another key thing to getting tracking right.
    When you put the belt on, use digital calipers to measure the bolt length on the tensioners. WRITE IT DOWN IN A NOTEBOOK.
    Then you run it for awhile, let's say it creeps to the left.. Mark the previously recorded measurement as "moves left"
    Adjust the tension on one side of the belt to compensate. Record the measurements again.
    In time, you will have a log of various measurements and which way the error is, and you can use that info to narrow down what the correct
    settings are.. I did that method, and within about 8 iterations , it was tracking perfectly.
    But you must write it down.. when you get close, it might take a month or two for it to drift out of alignment..

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Phillips View Post
    Call Supermax directly.. I can not post the link, but they have a phone number on their website.
    You can post the link if you have it unless you personally benefit from them selling the part.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Did my attachment not load? It has the exact part number the guy needs, how much it was, and supermax's number. You cant buy parts through Supermax. You have to call their office and speak with the little old lady that processes all their phone orders.

Thank you, I will call supermax.