Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Release Dust Collection Port

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    Wow! $40+ a pair for 4".

Any one have any ideas on DIY quick connect like Fazlok?

I was thinking a piece of PVC and a coupler. The user a palm router and spiral bit (possibly a jig of some sort) to cut the notch. For the pin, use a axle or shoulder bolt.
    PVC is what I used. 6" flex hose and my machines have 4" ports. I know about the advice to enlarge machine ports but I just couldn't see how to do that especially on the Jointer/Planer. a 4 X 6 PVC adapter happened to fit over 6" flex hose, I used some silicone and small bolts/fender washers/nuts to secure the hose. I used short lengths of 4" PVC over the machine ports and the other end slotted and bent in a little so the 4" PVC hose adapter would fit over them easily. My thinking with the 6" hose and 4" adapters is that there's a lot of turbulence close to the interior wall of the hose so functionally a 6" corrugated hose would move about as much air as a 4" smooth tube. I could certainly be off on this - no engineer - but it seems to work pretty well.
    JP6.JPG

2nd on the Dust Right quick connect handle. For 15 bucks it works great. https://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust...-change-handle
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I use the Felder connectors on 5" hose..........Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I use the Felder connectors on 5" hose..........Rod.
    Got a link to these?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!