Thread: Hammer slider fence stop.

Hammer slider fence stop.

So getting back into woodworking again finally as I had to take a break because of crazy life stuff. I thought I saw Hammer or somebody came up with an improved version of the cross cut fence stop for the 90 degree cut. It replaces the circle and tab that doesnt even come close to keeping a set angle. I checked Hammer/Felder site and didnt see it. I dont honestly know the name of it either which is slowing down the process. This part still available?

Scott

Scott, this ...

I simply asked my local Felder agent.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Here is the first video from the young man responsible for the design change.

Here is the second video.

Hammer/Felder doesn't show it on their website but you can get it be calling your Felder dealer and they will order it for you. I also found that the original stop didn't hold it's position, and expected Felder to replace it with the improved version. But they call it an "upgrade" and charged me approx $100 for it. After buying an expensive saw, I found this to be disappointing. The good news is that the new part actually does hold 90 degrees...

Thank you! They call it a coupling system?! Man I wod have never guessed that!

Thanks Izzy good to know its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    Hammer/Felder doesn't show it on their website but you can get it be calling your Felder dealer and they will order it for you. I also found that the original stop didn't hold it's position, and expected Felder to replace it with the improved version. But they call it an "upgrade" and charged me approx $100 for it. After buying an expensive saw, I found this to be disappointing. The good news is that the new part actually does hold 90 degrees...
    Ditto.

There is little, if anything, free with Felder. I've had excellent and prompt service from from them, however.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I believe because it includes the stop and the quadrant (mitre gauge) to couple the crosscut fence to the sliding table.............Rod.

On that note, I must be one of those lucky people who have no problems with the original part. The new one is easier to adjust however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I believe because it includes the stop and the quadrant (mitre gauge) to couple the crosscut fence to the sliding table.............Rod.

On that note, I must be one of those lucky people who have no problems with the original part. The new one is easier to adjust however.
    I've posted these pictures before ...

Old set up ...

New set up ...

New/replacement parts ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

What's the difference with the mitre gauge that originally comes with the saw vs the one that comes in the package with the new flip stop? I'd like to upgrade my flip stop but didn't think I'd need to replace the mitre gauge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Marusic View Post
    What's the difference with the mitre gauge that originally comes with the saw vs the one that comes in the package with the new flip stop? I'd like to upgrade my flip stop but didn't think I'd need to replace the mitre gauge as well.
    This video from Marius Hornberger shows the differences in the main knob: https://youtu.be/kH3U58RYnkw?t=298

I bought the updated stop piece about a year ago and I swear the new miter setup knob was exactly the same as my old one, which I want to say looks just like the new one that Marius shows in that part of the video. I'll have to double-check though to make sure everything is as expected. My saw was new in 2018, so if everything is good perhaps they stopped using that older knob sometime before that. I of course still had the old cam-style flip stop piece, which is the reason I bought the updated version.
    And there was trouble, taking place...