Thread: A new use for parallel clamps

A new use for parallel clamps

We’re going on a family road trip tomorrow, my wife and I and our 4 year old and 5 year old. We’ll surely need a break once in a while and will let the kids watch a tv show on the Kindle Fire. Problem was we couldn’t figure out a way for both kids to watch one screen. Surely there is some high tech way to sync two of them or something, but this is my low-tech woodworking solution. Fingers crossed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like the idea - too bad the clamp isn't vertical to keep them apart.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Not sure what you mean? Keep the kids apart?

Matt, I can't see it in the photo, but what's keeping that clamp in place so it doesn't fire forward into your dashboard if you have to stop quickly? 'Just curious! Nice solution for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Bring another clamp or two, some bungee cords, a roll of duck tape (Quack! It holds America together®) and you should be good to go.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 10-19-2018 at 2:56 PM. Reason: grammer
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Matt, I can't see it in the photo, but what's keeping that clamp in place so it doesn't fire forward into your dashboard if you have to stop quickly? 'Just curious! Nice solution for sure.
    My elbow?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Clever idea Matt. I had the same concern as Jim - or worse that it might somehow come loose in an accident and skewer your wee ones.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

"Make him stop! What is he doing? He's looking out MY window!!!" Have fun on the road trip.

The trip went well and the clamp worked great! My wife and I had a number of things packed to keep the kids busy (games, toys, food, art, etc) and we kept the screen time at a minimum, only a couple 20 minute shows for each 6 hour trip.

And we got to see the Boilermakers (our new home team) trounce the Buckeyes (our old home team)!