Thread: Laser & Room Temp

Question Laser & Room Temp

I recently moved from a basement that wasn't heated to a garage. The basement held house heat pretty well. It never got below 50. Now that I have my business in a detached garage I am concerned about what temp it should be for the sake of the laser. The garage is insulated but temp is about 55 as we are now into fall in New England. My concern is winter temps. What's the best temp for a laser either in use or not in use?
    Epilog 35 Watt Mini 12" x 24"
    New Hermes V3400
    Kwikprint 55
    CorelDraw 2017, Illustrator, Photoshop

I'm a newby so discount anything I say. I built a new shop this year with spray foam insulation and mini heat pump which I set on 50 deg minimum? I welcome input from those more knowlegegable?

I thought I had read somewhere that it's best to run a laser no lower than a room temp of about 50-55 degrees. I can't remember if it was a trade magazine or one of these forums that's why I was asking...
    Epilog 35 Watt Mini 12" x 24"
    New Hermes V3400
    Kwikprint 55
    CorelDraw 2017, Illustrator, Photoshop

Most will show the best temperature range in the manual, as Inrecall mine was about 50-80. I have AC and heat in my shop so it’s never been a problem. If you are comfortable without a heavy coat and knit cap the laser should be OK to run. The problem is if it’s close to freezing when not in use. Warm up the room before you run it.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Our 80W Speedy 300 is in a air conitioned room set on cool and set to 19 degrees C (66F).
    Our Maintenace contract is with Laserite (In UK) and use us as example of how to look after the machines enviroment.

From Reci's website:
    ========================
    2.Operation conditions

Water cooling: using purified water; 3 to 5 liter/minute; water temperature: 10-40. (50°-104°F)

The operating environment: temperature 2-40 (36°-104°F); humidity 10-60%.

The working current: test current is 30mA. Maximum working current is 30mA. The running current must be kept below 28mA. The life span can reach 10,000 hours if the current is kept below 26mA. The ammeter must be connected to the negative electrode of laser tube.
    When it is working under over-high current for long term, the negative pole will appear brown yellow, and the life span will be shortened rapidly.
    To protect dust from going into the insulation sheath, please wrap it with plastic film.
    ====================
    104 degrees seems a little extreme, but then, they don't explain how well it'll operate that warm!

Your Epilog should be fine at 50 or above...

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle