Thread: Need Jet 14” Bandsaw Blade Adjust Screw

Need Jet 14” Bandsaw Blade Adjust Screw

Hello, I need a blade adjustment screw for a Jet JWBS-14CS, and the related square nut. The Jet part number is 990653 and 150090. Both are discontinued and I can’t find one in stock anywhere. I may have to make the screw, but any help is appreciated.
    1955 Shopsmith Mk 5, modified to be reversible

Do you know the size and pitch? Have you looked at McMaster-Carr?

I had to make one for my Jet. I used 5/16ths, or maybe 3/8ths, all thread and made a square nut from from some scrap steel I had lying around.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Walter, no I haven’t measured it yet. Mike, it looks like that will be the way I have to go. Thank you.

Looks like they replaced the whole unit....https://www.mmtoolparts.com/store/jet-100016acp
    a little pricey but would be correct

Blog Entries
    I don't know about Jet, but the one on my Delta is a metric thread.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thank you, but yes, that is pricey. I found a third-party aftermarket one on eBay, so we’ll try that route.

If the Ebay one doesn't pan out you could check R&D Bandsaws. They carry a lot of parts for 14" Delta bandsaw clones which the Jet appears to be. If you don't see it on their website, call or email Bob at R&D. This might be what you need. https://www.tufftooth.com/product/up...iding-bracket/

Cool - thank you. I haven’t heard of R&D Bandsaws before.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    If the Ebay one doesn't pan out you could check R&D Bandsaws. They carry a lot of parts for 14" Delta bandsaw clones which the Jet appears to be. If you don't see it on their website, call or email Bob at R&D. This might be what you need. https://www.tufftooth.com/product/up...iding-bracket/
    Thanks for this lead Doug. I've bookmarked it.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”