Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bandsaw for cutting metal

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I have a JET horizontal vertical 5 x7 or whatever those small saws are I have used for 20 years or so, never an issue with a good blade Starrett or Lenox bimetal. You can be very creative with setting up a cut, and it has a removable table to attach for vertical cuts. The table could be better and you could make one for not a lot of money. That size saw can be had for $300-400 or so.

Those big DoAlls are wonderful If you have the floor space.

One like mine, you can chuck up a piece of steel or whatever and walk away and it just gets it done. Sawzall, Port a Band all are great on a construction job, but not for me in the shop.

For sheet metal I have a portable 120 volt power hand held metal shear.

I used to build a lot in my home fab shop, my first project after retirement was a 3 Point attach Back Hoe for my John Deere tractor.
    I have similar Shop Fox brand. Paid $80 at the tent sale in Muncy (RIP). The vertical table is pretty flimsy but it has worked so far. Grizzly version:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Griz...-Bandsaw/G0622 $428.95 delivered.

$99 on sale at harbor freight I bought one after my brother told me he had bought one and made a stand to mount it.
    The one in the photo is my brothers.
    I have use mine to cut up to 1/2" tool steel, and various pipe. its a great saw with variable speed and the blades are great.
    Can't beat it.

IMGP1518.JPG