Thread: Toothless Gator

Toothless Gator

Was in to a local hardware store that had relocated to larger space. And a very spacious one at that. While I was there, thought I better purchase some 5" ROS x 120 g/ discs, since my stock was low. The brand I got was a Gator and they don't have the same sanding ability that the HD brand does. Cuts very slowly, so I change the discs often though I shouldn't probably. I suppose I can use them quicker this way. Anyone else tried these duds ?

Not sure it's the same brand, but I tried some black ones from Lowes with same results. My faves are the Mirka Abranet, but I have a bunch of others to go through.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    I switched to Mirka Abranet years ago after wasting time and money on cheap sand paper.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I haven’t used gator in years but holy Moses that stuff is trash. It was like magic when I tried Norton 3X. I have the gator stuff away.

Yes. Lesson learned, I guess. Almost like they are worn out the minute you install a new one.

Blog Entries
    Klingspor is very good & the prices are reasonable.