Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s baaaack!

The internet proper is my only social media vice... Sawmill Creek, BoatingABC and the IRV2 forums account for 95% of my browsing time, the other 5% sometimes I read some news. I don't do Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Google or Yahoo... I have no smart phone, I'm using a 10+ year old flip phone with 75 minutes a month, I've never used that much. (The wife does that daily! ) -Texting costs $ so I only text when 'something happens' and one mass-text is easier than lots of phone calls. And since my ears are shot and today's $900 cellphone's talk-quality is right up there with 1970's drive-up window intercoms, I hardly use the phone, I'd rather comm via email.

I figured the storm took out SMC since Keith mentioned the last one just missed him. Glad that it wasn't worse than it was this time around...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Glad Keith is safe and SMC is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    That would be handy, though I don’t use Twitter. Maybe a Facebook account, though I don’t use that either!

There are a couple threads over at woodnet asking what was going on but they just wanted to poke fun at the location of the server or if we didn’t pay the $6. Sounded like high school kids.

Hey I wondered.... but things happen... those addicted reach out!

I like Keath’s tools kept tight. Good on him. I wait the storm too!

Because Twitter allows reading without an account, I believe it would be a very suitable method for posting announcements/status if there is an event like a storm that shuts things down. As long as someone has Internet access, they should be able to get to Twitter and easily access any "SMC account" for that kind of information. It can easily be setup to cross post to Facebook, too, so those of us who participate there will get the news there.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    And it looks like it used to. Good work guys.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 10-15-2018 at 4:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    And it looks like it used too. Good work guys.
    The server was merely powered down. No changes were made.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...