Thread: Came in the Mail, today

Cool Came in the Mail, today

A good friend of mine sent me a package, and it showed up on the front porch today....opened it up, removed all the paper packing inside....and the blue packing tapes
    IMG_6207 (640x480).jpg
    Claims he wouldn't have any use for these, and wondered IF I would like them?
    IMG_6208 (640x480).jpg
    6mm,8mm, and a 10mm Mortise chisel.....I think I might find a use for these....

I need some friends like that!

Nice haul.

I believe you just might find a use for them Steven C. Good friends are the best.
    David

Blog Entries
    I have some Narex chisels as well as other brands. I think the Narex chisels are good.

Blog Entries
    Nice surprise, Narex are good chisels.

My package came via UPS today. A 12-20 die, A 10-28 tap & die, the tap is an extra and was ordered just to meet the minimum purchase of $25.

The 10-28 die was already put to use to make a screw to replace a broken one from a #42X saw set.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Oooo nice! I have a set of these too, except the wood is darker. Love 'em.

These have never been used....so, I may need to hone them a bit? Factory grinds....25 degree bevel....Feels like a lacquer finish on the steel. They do like to roll across a flat surface, though. Will have to keep an eye on that....

Is there a difference between the darker wood handles, and these lighter ones?

I have a couple of those - one light wood and one dark. They work just fine. No idea what the difference in color means - if anything. Enjoy!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I love my Narex chisels.

Where ya been?

Have since flattened the backs a bit.....bevels needed a little touch-up....they are now in the shop, awaiting the next project.